has it been so long since I posted? Time flies when you are raising a family.
It is nearing the Christmas season, yes I said it "CHRISTMAS" Crazy talk? not really...now is the time that well I am hoping your Halloween decor is down and you have disposed of your rotting pumpkins, hung up the costumes ready for next years designs and put your scarecrows away and the candy is gone, well maybe the candy is gone.
Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, mainly it is the decorating and the anticipation that I love.
I am thankful for a husband who is good at putting things away and getting things done early so that I don't have to be ready with the phone to call 911 when he falls off the ladder putting lights up on a dark and rainy evening cause it is December 1st the next day. The lights are up on the trees out front and the house is lighted, even lights up in the backyard along the fence is done. I deal with the other stuff of decorating, with an occasional comment from him asking if he can put the bins away yet.
Have you got boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations that are either never used or broken or just plain ugly (oops did I say that out loud...) As you pull out your lovely decorations, go through them and trash, recycle or donate the ones that are not being used. Someones trash is someone else's treasure, a friend of mine enjoys her trips to the 2nd hand store to find new and unsual items (you should see her corning ware collectioin....amazing)
So you have now trashed and recyled and donated the decorations, now what? How are you decorationg this year? same as always? whatever the kids want to do? or you have a grand master plan?
I choose to look on the Better Homes and Gardens site ( http://www.bhg.com/ ) for ideas and see what is new and exciting. Adapting ideas to fit my home and the style or look I am looking for...
Most of all I like to enjoy the process of decorating for the holidays and that is what is important.
Enjoy and be blessed.
1 comment:
its really nice post thanks for sharing i find it... its really helpful information sharing... thanks Again... :)
Post a Comment