are you ready for the Christmas season? Do you have more decorations than you know what to do with? Do you have a plan for where you want to place that special antique snowman or do you just put where ever? And what do you do with the rest of your things while Christmas is on display?
I have a few tips to help you decide:
Tip #1
Make up a plan, even if it is in your mind or a picture, I like to use ideas from http://www.bhg.com/
Tip #2
Bring out all your decorations and ornaments, do you have a collection of items? I personally love snowmen, put your collections together.
Tip #3
I like simple or as my motto is "less is more"...whatever your style is have an ongoing theme or flow.
Tip #4
Use lots of lights and garland, I love sitting in the evening with my mini lights on and quiet music in the background, very relaxing.
Tip #5
Decorate all over the house, even if it is only a hint of something.
Tip #6
Have fun with decorating, turn the Christmas music on get into the spirit of the season.
Tip #7
Put the day to day collections away and enjoy the Christmas season, it is too short to not enjoy.
Tip #8
Create new memories by crafting new decorations, even as simple as paper snowflakes hanging on the window or a paper village I am coloring today with my kids. http://www.parents.com/holiday/christmas/printables
However you choose to decorate your home for Christmas, make it special for your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment